Welcome to Bonduel, Wisconsin
The Village of Bonduel is a full service community with a population of approximately 1,500. It is located in Shawano County, just off of State Hwy 29. Bonduel is located between Shawano to the west and Green Bay to the east. Residents of Bonduel enjoy the benefits of small town living and the conveniences that result from easy access to larger cities.
Bonduel is a growing community that prides itself in its small town atmosphere and personal service. Our goal in creating this website is to allow you to learn more about what our city has to offer and to provide useful information to both the Village of Bonduel residents and to those who want to learn more about our community.
1998 Chevrolet 1500 Regular Cab
Automatic, 2WD, Gasoline
8-CYLINDER APPROXIMATELY 140,000 MILES
TRUCK CAN BE SEEN AT THE MUNICIPAL OPERATIONS BUILDING
MONDAY-FRIDAY 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Sealed bids can be sent to Village of Bonduel,
P.O. Box 67, Bonduel WI 54107 or dropped off at Village Hall, 117 W. Green Bay Street by
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
The Village of Bonduel reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids.
Advanced Disposal has changed to GFL Environment
What does this mean for the Village as the customer? Short answer is nothing, the cans, dumpsters and trucks will still display Advance Disposal. There have been a few shortcomings with the changeover but believe we have rectified these issues. We now anticipate smooth collections and service from here forward.
As a reminder here are a few tips:
1. Cans must be out by 6:00am on Mondays for collection. Placing the carts by the street for pickup on Sunday evening is suggested.
2. Carts should be positioned as close as possible to the street with the handles and wheels facing away from street.
3. Please keep 6 feet of clearance between carts and other objects.
4. Large items that do not fit in the cart can be taken to the recycle center on Saturdays.
5. The trash pickup is billed on the water bill, which is a flat fee for all residents. Meaning if you fill each and every cart weekly or only use it once a month the fee is the same. This fee is not optional.
6. Small items that can be put into the carts but brought to the recycle center is paid for twice. Once on the monthly bill and once when the recycle center container is emptied. Usage of the residential carts is highly recommended and encouraged.
Any comments, concerns or questions can be sent to the Director of Municipalities 715-758-8779.
2021 Village Budget
No person shall park any vehicle on any village street or alley or in any village parking lot between 2:30 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. from November 15th to April 15th. Village Ordinance Sec 28-7(b).
Snow and Ice Removal
Property owners are reminded to clear entire sidewalk of snow and ice within 24 hours after any given snowfall. Failure to keep sidewalks clear of ice and snow may subject the property owner to fines and charges for removal.
In addition, property owners are reminded not to plow or blow snow from premises onto village streets, alleys, sidewalks or public places. The village will remove snow deposited and bill the property owner for the cost of such removal. Village Ordinance Sec. 26-5 and WI Stats. §66.0627.
The Village property tax bill you receive each year, is based on the total assessment of your property. The assessment is a value assigned by the Village Assessor, and is based on similar houses throughout the Village. When the overall values of properties fall out of compliance, the Wisconsin Department of Revenue require municipalities to perform a revaluation of all properties. A revaluation means that the Village Assessor will physically visit and revaluate all properties in the Village. The Village of Bonduel will be performing a complete revaluation of all properties in the Village. The last revaluation was done in 2011.
The Village of Bonduel has contracted with Assessor, Mr. David Schmidt, to update all assessment records in the Village. Beginning in August, Mr. Schmidt will start visiting properties to perform interior/exterior inspections. This revaluation process will take several months to complete with inspections continuing into 2021. The Assessor may also be taking pictures of your property from the street for Village property records. Mr. Schmidt will be reaching out to all property owners to schedule an appointment to do an inspection.
Thank You for your cooperation with the revaluation.
The Village of Bonduel roads are officially open to ATV/UTV use, except for State Hwy 117. Country Road BE is now open to ATV/UTV use. Please note this only applies to ATV/UTV's, dirt bikes and other similar motorized vehicles are not allowed. The following are conditions of the use of these routes, and apply to all operators and passengers:
(1) All ATV operators shall slow the vehicle to ten mph or less when operating within 150 feet of a dwelling.
(2) No person shall operate an ATV anywhere within the village between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. With the exception of snow removal operations.
(3) All ATV/UTV operators on routes shall observe posted roadway speed limits; not to exceed 35 MPH.
(4) All ATV/UTV operators shall ride single file.
(5) Operators of ATV/UTV shall observe all laws of this state pertaining to the use of an ATV/UTV.
(6) The Village of Bonduel accepts no liability for the operation of ATV/UTVs on any village roads, alleyways and/or transportation marked corridors under the provisions of this ordinance and also that ATV/UTV operators must remain on an approved and marked trail or route.
(7) All operators are required to have a valid driver's license. Operators' under the age of 16 are required to complete an approved ATV/UTV safety course and carry a safety certificate with them while riding on public roads.
Click here for the full Village Ordinance.
Recycle Center Changes
Village Recycle Center will no longer be open on Wednesday permanently effective Oct 1, 2020. Brush and yard waste access is open 24/7. Current Recycle Center hours:
|Saturday||8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
Recently Updated Ordinance
The Municipal Code on this site does not reflect the most up to date changes adopted by the Village. Below are the recently updated ordinances.
|New ordinances coming soon|
Garbage & Recycling Services
The new garbage and recycle carts have been delivered and the new pick up process has begun. Garbage and recycling will continue to be picked up weekly on Mondays. Please have carts to the road by 6:00 a.m.. If you have questions or concerns about garbage, please contact Advanced Disposal Services at 920-351-2345. Remain informed by visiting the Advanced Disposal Green Bay Team website. Every day, driven to deliver, Service first. Safety always.
2019 Consumer Confidence Report Posted
For copy of Water Quality Report, call 715-758-2402 or visit www.villageofbonduel.com/docs/publicworks/2019CCR.pdf
Homeowners Insurance Coverage for Fire Dept. Services
Responding to a major structure fire entails significant costs - trucks, equipment, materials and firefighters' labor to name a few. After a fire, local fire departments send bills for their services to the homeowner to recoup these costs. MOST INSURANCE COMPANIES PROVIDE NO MORE THAN $500 OF COVERAGE FOR A FIRE DEPARTMENT BILL. Call your insurance agent to confirm whether or not your homeowner's policy provides coverage for a fire department bill and to learn what level of coverage is available. The additional premium to add this coverage to your policy is minimal & will reduce the strain on your finances and the anxiety to you & your family after suffering an unforeseen catastrophe.
0% Interest Home Repair Loans Available
The Village of Bonduel has a Community Development Block Grant for Housing Rehabilitation. The funds are loaned at 0% interest to eligible households for home repairs.
Applications are accepted on a first come first serve basis. The loan can be used to make the following types of repairs: Handicap Accessibility, Electrical Upgrades, Replace Windows & Doors, Connect Water & Sewer Lines, Roofing, Painting, Siding, Porch Repairs, Other General Improvements, Repair/Replace Heating Systems, Water Heaters & Plumbing Systems.
If interested, applications are available at Village Hall or by contacting Kari Justmann at the MSA Housing Program Office at 1-800-552-6330. All information submitted is kept strictly confidential. Funds are limited so apply now!!
The Village of Bonduel is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
4 Plan Commission Meeting
6:00 p.m. at Village Hall
5 Municipal Operations Meeting
6:00 p.m. at Village Hall
13 Village Board Meeting
6:00 p.m. at Village Hall
21 Fire Commission Meeting
5:30 p.m. at the Fire Station
Village Hall Hours
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Annual Financial Report
Bonduel Comprehensive Plan
Bonduel Municipal Code
Bonduel School District
State of Wisconsin
Shawano Chamber of Commerce
Shawano-Bonduel Municipal Court
Village of Cecil
Village of Bonduel Map