The first organizational meeting of the Bonduel Lions Club was held in November 1950, with seventeen prospective members present. The club officially received its charter on January 11, 1951, with forty charter members.
The Bonduel Lions have annually provided generous support to the Lions Club International Fund, the Wisconsin State Lions Camp at Rosholt, WI and the Leader Dog School in Rochester, MI.
Since the early years of our club, we have sponsored Santa Claus night, boys to Badger Boys State, flowers for the Bonduel High School Homecoming Court and uniforms for Bonduel Little League teams. The club has worked hard in the field of sight conservation and has purchased glasses for many needy children. We have also built or remodeled several cabins at the Wisconsin Lion Camp. The Bonduel Lions Club did extensive work at Bonduel's Cedar Park, including construction of a food and beverage stand, three picnic shelters, a chain-link fence, lighted score board, and landscaping. We were also a major contributor of the tennis courts at the Bonduel Community School and the new kitchen at the Village Park.
Our largest fundraiser is the annual corn roast, held the first Friday in August. The corn roast was begun in 1958, where we roasted almost 100 cobs of corn. Now we roast approximately 8,000 cobs each year.
Each winter between Christmas and New Year's Day, we hold an annual fishing derby on Shawano Lake, and we sponsor a Rose Sale every spring. Orders for roses are taken in February and March and delivered by Lions members in late March or early April. The Bonduel Lions has also been a proud cosponsor for the past forty years of the annual Bonduel Fourth of July Celebration.
The success of these projects, and many more, was all made possible through the support and cooperation of the wonderful citizens of our area.